SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meridian M3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iso
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Meridian M3 Reply with quote

Does anybody have any information about Meridian M3 speakers. I have found this http://www.meridian-audio.info/show.php?compid=33 but not too much more. I remember that Martin Colloms did not like M2 model too much... but I do not know why, as design criteria seems to be sound.

So any information about electronics and crossover topology and how they performed would be appreciated. Tweeter seems to 34mm Audax unit but was mid/bass unit standard B110/SP1057? How reliable M3`s were?

Best Regards

Kimmo
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Meridian M3 Reply with quote

Gosh, a 1979 design! I have a test report on the M30 which is nothing like the M3. I'll keep looking in my library but please do not hold your breath... Smile
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Meridian M3 Reply with quote

proffski wrote:
Gosh, a 1979 design! I have a test report on the M30 which is nothing like the M3. I'll keep looking in my library but please do not hold your breath... Smile There is a tiny bit of info below.

http://www.meridian-audio.info/public/comp%5B550%5D.pdf
Thierry
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Meridian M3 Reply with quote

proffski wrote:
proffski wrote:
Gosh, a 1979 design! I have a test report on the M30 which is nothing like the M3. I'll keep looking in my library but please do not hold your breath... Smile There is a tiny bit of info below.

http://www.meridian-audio.info/public/comp%5B550%5D.pdf

Thanks for this.
Boothroyd Stuart was a visionary designer.
What a brilliant and modern concept this system was ! Particularly the preamplifier which reminds me QUAD 44 modularity, not to speak of the M10 active speakers.
Just beautiful.
Thierry
iso
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you for your info... M30 construction looks like downgrade from M3 which looks like very professional one. Do you have any memories how these early M3 and M2 models fared.

Best Regards

Kimmo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: