SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unkown speaker, celef, monitor audio, kef ,prototypes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unknownspeaker
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: unkown speaker, celef, monitor audio, kef ,prototypes? Reply with quote

hi everyone,
i am new to the forum and hope you can help,
i am trying to ID some old speakers , the workmate i got them from was 'sort of sure' they were celef's but he damaged the tweeters in a move and had fitted the seas h211 units , the crossovers were some odd diy things that were not getting the best from the drivers ,
he also said his dad was given them by someone in the speaker business that he knew a long time ago .
i was not sure where to post this but, as i plan to take them back to the t27 tweeter along with the b200 (sp1054) and to also use kef crossovers from calinda's or perhaps modded corelli items ,i figured the Kef section was best to try and obtain some suggestions on how to bring these back to life ,
they look like something between the celef pe1 and monitor audio ma4 series II ,
any suggestions on crossovers that could utilize the sp1054 and sp1032 in the 45L vented enclosures would be very much appreciated .
thanks for any help
Nat Very Happy

Last edited by unknownspeaker on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder. If the Calinda is using an ABR and was properly designed, it means the SP1054 needs a rather long vent in that enclosure size.

How can this driver properly tune with that vent?

But that's about the low end of the spectrum. Regarding the crossover, the Calinda crossover is said to also have an aB compensation so should not be a bad start.
unknownspeaker
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi SaSi,
thanks for the response , i agree that the port would need to be long to give similar resistance to the abr , the port in these is a touch over 200mm , thats a pretty long port that would almost cause aperiodic loading , i have mocked up a copy of the calinda low pass filter with notch filter , it works well , sadly the seas tweeter (which is better suited to 3 way arrangements) simply doesnt integrate happily as it seems a bit to uneven toward the cross over point which is giving a 'peaky' sound at certain frequencies that colour the sound unacceptably , so i think the calinda crossovers and some t27 sp1032's will be the way to go as a start point .
thanks again ,
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: