SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef Model 3.2 tweeter replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Looseleaf
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Kef Model 3.2 tweeter replacement Reply with quote

Hi folks. This is my first post here so greetings to all fellow Kef addicts. I have 3 pairs of Kef's loudspeakers with my main ones being those in the thread title. I also have some Ref series 101/2 and some RDM 2's as well. There's just something I love about coaxial speakers I guess and to my ears Kef do it very well.

Anyway I had a dac that went pear shaped and emitted a screaming noise which has killed one of the tweeters. I'm not the least bit tech savvy so have a professional doing the job but he wasn't sure on how to get the driver out of the cabinet as it has the plastic ring over the driver.

Can anyone confirm that to get to the driver he would need to remove the whole front plastic/resin baffle? I think there is about 6 cross head screws holding it in place. All and any info will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Looseleaf
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this.

I really can't help you with your request but I am most interested in the DAC that blew up - as in what to avoid!

Sad
Looseleaf
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

It didn't blow up. It's an old Audio Alchemy DDEv3 which has been fine up until now. I suspect the issue was caused by the power cord which is a DIN type not being fully inserted. It was a cheap diy one and the outer plastic sleeve that helps hold it together was stopping it from being fully inserted and or possibly not grounded? I need to investigate.

But definitelty not with the Kefs connected. It will be some sacrificial speakers Evil or Very Mad

Cheers,
LL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: