SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossover schematic for Calinda and Corelli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik_dv
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Crossover schematic for Calinda and Corelli Reply with quote

I have been restoring a set of Calinda's and Corelli's.
While I was at it I made schematics of the crossovers.
The values of the inductors were measured by a Meterman 37XR.
Calinda crossover SP1055
I am sure the big inductor is 3.5mH (both crossovers had the same value)
PDF file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EGgYqz7XbCOsHK5DPL_Vj-tgB_NRmae4/view?usp=sharing

Corelli crossover SP1052.
The version I have does not have a tapered inductor.
PDF file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9DwrgnD4qlmMBtNOUdPVHAExrIBcVuz/view?usp=sharing

Any comments are welcome.
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too surprisingly, the Calinda tweeter aB section is identical to the 104 aB. The bass section is different because of the different cabinet/bass unit. The 104aB had the tapped inductor first 2/2.7/3.5 mH (for the mid range adjustment), then the 5uF to ground, and then 0.6mH and 10R in parallel to the long throw SP1039, so similar. The Calinda used the SP1054 which I don't think was used in any other systems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: