SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SP 1081s ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: SP 1081s ? Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum - some interesting view scattered through the pages I have read so far.

I have just discovered an unused pair of T 27s that I obtained for a colleague about 15 years ago. Can anyone identify them? I obtained them through a KEF dealer, but I cannot remember what type of speaker they were for. They look like the T27s in my LS3/5As. They have a printed white paper label marked KEF SP 1081 with serial nos 19687 and 19687. however they also have an 'Audax - made in France' sticker. Can anyone confirm what they are, and also what model of speaker they appeared in?[/b]
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believed that KEF only used two types of round Audax driver, so as it's not

a very smooth sounding three point fixing Audax driver SP1192 used in the K series, KEF Cara's, the 303 partnered with a P200 SP1070. Plus the Linn Index partnered with a B200 SP1014.

It probably is

a four point fixing with or without a mesh grill, Audax HD100D25 used in the Concord III with a pair of P200's SP1069 and Coda II, Cantor II and Celeste III, IV & V, with a P200 SP1070.

Pictured here http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/MyStuff/MyCelesteIII/KEFCelestIIIPhotosStory/pages/DSC00156.htm

Last edited by ColinR on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stuart
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: SP 1081 Reply with quote

Thanks, Colin - It is a four-point fixing, and I've carefully lifted some of the label and found '100-D-25'. So thank you for your diagnosis. They are of no use to me now, but at least I know how to describe them when I come to dispose of them. Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: