SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TL30KD Speaker System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: TL30KD Speaker System Reply with quote

In 1983 I purchased a set of two-way floor standing TL30KD transmission line speakers (in kit form) from a company located in Toronto, Canada - Gladstone Electronics. These units are quite solid and heavy, measuring 14"(W) x 14"(D) x 44"(H) and are constructed from 1 1/8" particle board. The KEF components are the B200A driver, T27 tweeter, and DN13 crossover. I have yet to see this particular model of speaker enclosure discussed or shown on any website, making me wonder just where this particular design came from. Other than the basic cabinet there is a single internal angled divider. I still have the assembly instructions (on Gladstone Electronics letterhead) and the only markings on it that may mean something appears to be a date "3/80" and the initials "B.G."

Is anyone else farmiliar with these particular speaker enclosures? I'm currently using them with a Harman Kardon AVR135 and as far as I'm concerned they sound OK.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Ted aka "skysail" has a pair!

I only know of two kit B200 TL's from the German magazine Klang Ton.

As I don't have the magazines or copies of those particular designs, I cannot comment further. Any offers Smile ?

"B.G." rings no bells. Gladstone Bailey (because of the angled divider), Bailey Gladstone?
Larry
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback! I can email you a copy of what I have if you're interested...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: