SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambridge R40s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Cambridge R40s Reply with quote

Hi

I have a pair of Cambridge R40 speakers that I bought in the UK in 1972. They are kitted out with Kef drivers B139. B110 and T27. I presume they have a DN12 SP1004 crossover unit. I have found that sound quality has deterioted significantly.

They were superb speakers and I really want the sound back. I currently live in Canada.

Has anyone any advice as to how I should take them apart and what I should be looking for first in the way of parts to replace/repair.

Rolling Eyes
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambridge Audio used their own crossover designs.

Email me directly if you want a .jpg of the R40's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: