SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef 107.2 crossovers on ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parts
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Kef 107.2 crossovers on ebay Reply with quote

Hi all,

I came across another interesting item on ebay uk ?

A pair of Kef 107 are advertised, but it is the head crossover's he is selling with details on how to upgrade 107 and 107.1 ?

He also claims the 107 and 107.1 cost £1800 and £2400 ? and that the Kube made no difference and only the sticker was matched with the serial number ?

I am unsure of this, my own Kube schematic has my 107 reference number on the paper ? and the upgrade was available for around £640 which involved returning the heads and Kube and recieving MK2 replacements.

I remember being told that the bi-wire upgrade was not offered as it meant cabinet work, and the main difference was in the head setup anyway ?

I am also sure that without the Kube you do not get flat bass, and that the resonant frequency or behavour of the metal domed T33 was different from the fabric version ?

Anyone here able to clarify the differences in developement of the Kef 107 and what the differences were, and how they affected performance ?

Steve
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some snippits in the set of Stereophile reviews.

http://preview.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/550/index13.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: