SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T 15 Tweeters.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: T 15 Tweeters. Reply with quote

I have a pair of T 15s ( in original boxes) which I aquired from a friend some 15 years ago. They had, to my knowledge never been used and I never got around to pressing them into service either...however, each has a fabric tape stuck neatly to the base indicating that the unit was inspected by KEF in Feb. 1977. So I wonder if perhaps they have, after all, been used at sometime in the past and been through a service look over by KEF. Or is the inspection legend the final stamp of approval in their production quality control.
The T 15 does not appear to enjoy a vast popularity amongst Forum members and there is little info. about it. Would someone have any background to its pedigree and , more importantly , the data re. crossover frequency, impedance etc.
Thanks.
Alex
JimN
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: T 15 Tweeters Reply with quote

Yes, I know what you mean. I've got half a dozen in a box in the loft, silver face and black face, but not enough information to put them to use. It seems that one of the problems is the early roll off (about 13KHz) and the need for a "supertweeter" to lift the top end.
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/KEFDocuments/KEFEarlyDriversLeaflet/HiFiDriveUnitsp6.html
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/Articles/ArticlesGallery/WWBookshelf/index.htm
There doesn't seem too much info on it's offspring either (T52 SP1049).
Regards,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: