SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just sold my KEF 105.2s and replacement T52 tweeters......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centaurus
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Laughing

well, the 405-2 sounds mighty nice with the calindas regardless. i still like my mcintosh MC60's better. smoother with far better top end.

i still like the quad though. i think i'll use it and the 34 preamp for a nice little bedroom system. screw bose! Wink

just gonna keep an eye out for some cute little kefs to sit side by side with the quads on our dresser.

see ya,
Robby

speakerguru wrote:
centaurus wrote:

regardless, it was a fun experiment to pair the 405-2 with the calindas. the two were invariably used to voiced one another.

Sorry to disillusion you, but the Calinda was almost certainly in its development phase before even the first 405s were launched, let alone the 405-2. From memory, I think the listening room at that time had a pair of 303s modified to work in bridge mode; one for each channel.

In any case, the idea of "voicing a speaker with an amplifer" did not exist in the late 70s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: