SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queries regarding T52 Tweeters on a KEF105.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrunner
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Queries regarding T52 Tweeters on a KEF105.1 Reply with quote

Dear All

A strange thing happened to one of my 105.1 recently, the fuse on the HF (500ma) was blown and I replaced it with a time delayed type (as the one originally used), and then after a party session, I noticed the fuse was blown again, I replaced the fuse again and this time nothing happened ie still no high frequency output.

I then decide to swap over the tweeter with the other speaker just to see if the tweeter is faulty or now and this time both tweeters worked.

Someone suggested that this might be an intermittent fault or with a bit of luck it might stay ok indefinately.

Any ideals what might caused this? Should I need to worry about this?

As suggested by Colin earlier, I have now replaced all the HF fuses with the quick acting type (500ma).

Regards

StephenW
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I replaced the fuse again and this time nothing happened

Either a dud fuse or our old friend muck.

So head for the metal polish, unless it was consumed at your last party Rolling Eyes .

The purchase of snake oil products suitable for organisms living in an atmosphere of carbon and hydrogen sulphide should be left to those having intellects comparable to nematode worms and too much cash.

Don't worry until the speaker becomes silent once again.

This would indicate your parties have loosened something, which requires the attention of a soldering iron.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
fastrunner
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again Colin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: