SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help identifying these speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloth ears
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Need help identifying these speakers Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Finding this forum has been a stroke of luck for me. I find the subject matter extremely interesting and there certainly seems to be a wealth of experience here.

This is my first day posting on the board. I hope my question is worthy of a newbie.

I grew up with the Kef Celeste MKIIIs from around 1980 I think, until I got a little more serious with Hi-Fi around 2000. Im afraid, with hindsight, that I could never listen to the Celestes again. I knew no different as I was prepared for years just to accept that speakers were just speakers. Dont mean to slag them off to you Kef followers, Im only reflecting that I feel they were never Kefs best.

Anyway, I digress..... my question...

Some time ago I inherited a pair of Kef bookshelf speakers which sound wonderful, but I have never sought to find out what they are. I will describe them here in the hope that someone may help in identifying them for me.

Height = 32.5cms
Depth = 19.5cms
Width = 21cms

Weight = 6.5 kilos each

These speakers are heavy and solidly constructed from MDF and covered in a deep red veneer. No signs of any method of taking them apart.

All of the drivers have a grey label around the inside circumference stating "Kef Constructor Series".

The midrange are Kef B110B SP1057, 8Ohm, serial numbers 131582 & 131596.

The tweeters are Kef T27A SP1032, 8Ohm, serial numbers 160330 & 160342.

The crossover is a rectangle printed board with the words "Wilmslow Audio" stamped. There are no other markings that I can see from looking into the box.

I would be grateful if someone can shed light on these speakers, which model, year, how capable they might be etc. I sometimes use them with a Rogers E40a tube amp and they certainly hold their own.

Much appreciated. Regards, Stephen
ColinR
ber Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEF CS1 kit bought from Wilmslow Audio.

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/KEFDocuments/KEFGermanGallery/pages/p28.htm

In what sounds like a very pretty box Smile .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Cloth ears
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that Colin.

Ive just done a quick surf and found the build instructions in English on a Japanese website. Might be useful for this site.

http://hififever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10260&sid=5b01444fefb02ce6b62c0df1063c1cfb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: