SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Amp - JR Loudspeakers Model L.PA - Any info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeytheo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Power Amp - JR Loudspeakers Model L.PA - Any info? Reply with quote

Hi,
A JR Loudspeakers L.PA amplifier has just come up on ebay down under. I have not come across this before, and a quick internet search has revealed very little. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this amplifier as I am considering it as a possible match for my JR149s. Link;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230227348977&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:au

Chances are it will need repair, as I have bought off this seller in the past and find it hard to believe that he would sell an amp 'untested'. More likely tested but did not work. As i don't have the skills to repair myself, would the cost/effort be worth it? Also, was there a matching JR pre-amp?
Cheers,
Michael
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this thread

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/speakertalk/viewtopic.php?t=672

and contact Graham Hartle if required.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
mikeytheo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Colin. I don't think it is worth the gamble unless it goes for next to nothing and then can maybe experiment.
Just got a pair of new foam surrounds for my 149s off Graham. Great service, fast delivery to Aus and an excellent product to boot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Audio equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: