SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef 104 ab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajswinscoe
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Kef 104 ab Reply with quote

Helllo.

Last edited by ajswinscoe on Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajswinscoe
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive managed to find some replacement rubber dampers for an sp1039 that was needing a new one. So if all goes well with that then i should be okay.
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajswinscoe wrote:
Ive managed to find some replacement rubber dampers for an sp1039 that was needing a new one. So if all goes well with that then i should be okay.

Not sure what you mean by rubber damper. Damper is often used to mean the rear corrugated suspension or "spider". If you mean the front suspension, which is more usually called the "surround" then you should know that the SP1039 did not have a rubber surround but used a vacuum formed plasticised PVC whose trade name was Velbex.
penforpen
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Kef 104 a/b Reply with quote

Hi there,

Nice to see these Speakers Talked about I like them I didn't know it was such a Find for £10 on the Boot sale two years ago...

Good Luck
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
£10 on the Boot sale

That'll be about right (not £95!) for the nasty looking SMC AL12s with the "wrong" combination (datewise) of drive units currently on ePimp.

Never managed REf 104s, but have had Monitor Audio MA4, Rogers LS3/5a, KEF Chorale and Lentek transmission lines Shocked , at a boot Wink .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: