SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMF Compact II

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostinmusic
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: IMF Compact II Reply with quote

About 2 days ago I purchased a pair of IMF Compact II for only 25,- euro, I think that's about 10 pounds or so? Shocked

One tweeter was teased by some curious child, but I got that fixed Smile
The cabinets are painted black, but it shouldn't take much effort getting it off because you can see where some paint has come off that the lacquer is still on Rolling Eyes Smile

But when I connected these little babies to my old (the one with the three big knobs, anyone know what type this is) Camebridge amp and Philips CD950 cdplayer I honestly couldn't believe that all of that was coming out of these small speakers.
The sound is really balanced and absolute neutral..
And then the low frequenties.. Surprised incredible from such a small cabinet, you get the idea you're listening to much larger speakers!

After all it came out as a real bargain Very Happy
fastrunner
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I think 25 Euro is about 20 based on the current exchange rate.
Sounds like it is still a bargain though.
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: