SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K-140 any info on this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonylenco
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: K-140 any info on this Reply with quote

Have been offered a used pair for 70 euros are they worth buying? any info on these
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall these and they are not listed on the KEF UK site. I did find this on the French site though: http://www.kef.com/France/history/1990_1/k140.asp
Not being Reference or C series, I suspect they might have been part of a low cost range designed and made specially for a French Hi-Fi store chain. Anyone else remember?
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have certainly seen these before. I clearly remember the weird front baffle finish, but then the memory cells get stuck.

Something more here: http://www.arcadiaaudio.com/productDetails.aspx?Product_ID=585

In English but from France... Shocked
http://www.kef.com/France/history/1990_1/K%20Series.pdf
tonylenco
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the info posted so far. I reckon it's going to sound quite similar to the C45s' that I am already using. Might consider buying them as spare speakers in case my C45s go bust.

BTW would a pair of Kef 303s' sound the same as these K140s' or distinctly different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: