SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B200 SP1259

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonylenco
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: B200 SP1259 Reply with quote

Can anyone provide more info about this B200 specswise and what models of Kef speakers were using them. Are they any good?
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: B200 SP1259 Reply with quote

tonylenco wrote:
Can anyone provide more info about this B200 specswise and what models of Kef speakers were using them. Are they any good?

Which B200?

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/drivers/b200.html

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/DriveUnits/AnatomyDriveUnits.html
Craigb
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That SP number is a bit higher than what I'm used to. Perhaps it's from a C30 or C60? I'll have a look at a C30 to see if I can confirm.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest it's not from the lower members of the C series ~SP1199 or K series, but beyond.
The C60 uses a round not square framed basket btw.
How about the C15 or C45?

I'd also expect they're from a cheapish (throw away) product where there's no demand for spare bass mid units.

Unless you're very lucky it's a case of building a test box to measure the Small Thiel parameters yourself.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: