SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef speakers, what are these

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfa1
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Kef speakers, what are these Reply with quote

Hi Can anyone identify these, i retrieved a set of speakers which were about to be destroyed at my local recycling center. They are fitted with b139 b110 and t27 kef units with dn12 crossovers the layout is identical to Kef Concerto's but the cabinets are much bigger, the dimensions are 75x47x37 cm's hwd, the cabinets are covered in cream leather with beige grills which have a chrome surround. they are in good condition and sound great also i would like to know the diameter and length of the concerto port, as if these are the same then mine might not be correct for the larger cabinets, assuming that they might be made up kits,which if they are, they have been made really well. Thanks
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Australian kit / set of plans of a similarly sized box gives 80mm int. dia*168mm for the port.

Kinky leather covers eh, probably a homebrew or low volume professional (store / interior design orientated) maker.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
alfa1
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: what are these Reply with quote

Hi Since posting my original request for info, regarding these speakers, i have had a look inside the cabs and found this card, KEFKIT,TYPE 1009, SERIAL NO 3239 INSPECTOR KEF 10. DATED 05-72. SIGNED VM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: