SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summertime?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Summertime? Reply with quote

Hello people, not much going here lately.
Is it because of the lovely weather? It's about 25 degrees centigrade over here in the Netherlands!
I don't do much these days but i still like listening to music on the TL's (R50's so you will). If all goes as planned i will say goodbye to my beloved Cyrus two + PSX and buy a Naim amp!!
For as far as i know a great combination.
I wish you all good weather too, greets from Bert
T.O. Chef
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty darn quiet all right.
Suppose everyone's happily well served with their gear, their KEF's (& KEF based systems like you TL), and quietly just enjoying the music.
In the UK, recuperating from the Royal wedding perhaps?

Not 25 D in Canada yet .. but we're all ready for it. This Canuk is busy rediscovering the joys of Vinyl as I wish I could have heard it those olden day's .. through R.105 II's & IMF's!
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s see it’s warm, we’ve just had a NI and VAT tax hike Crying or Very sad, food and fuel are a silly price Mad, a referendum on the alternative vote when it should have been on proportional representation, a £5 billion (UK lost production) wedding of some unelected parasites, local elections and some Bank Holidays, so unless you’ve got wi-fi there’s no reason to be doing anything other than listening to music either indoors or out Very Happy .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Richie
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be worse..... as far as I'm aware there are no plans for The Bay City Rollers to get back together Laughing
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
Let’s see it’s warm, we’ve just had a NI and VAT tax hike Crying or Very sad, food and fuel are a silly price Mad, a referendum on the alternative vote when it should have been on proportional representation, a £5 billion (UK lost production) wedding of some unelected parasites, local elections and some Bank Holidays, so unless you’ve got wi-fi there’s no reason to be doing anything other than listening to music either indoors or out Very Happy .

Trouble in "Chavsville" on Bank Holidays is that you have no choice but to listen to several competing outdoor music systems playing dross for those with IQs of fully mature cucumbers, footballs being kicked against fences, brats screaming on B&Q trampolines at 120dB in several gardens, dogs barking, strimmers, lawn mowers that sound like buzz bombs, lager louts shouting whilst drinking copious ammounts of super strength Euro Fizz at their BBQs and all I wanted to do was sit in my back garden with a few dainty genteel drinks and a book... and listen to the birds Twisted Evil
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Quote:
there are no plans for The Bay City Rollers to get back together

Their keyboard player was in the year ahead of me at University Shocked .

Quote:
all I wanted to do was sit in my back garden with a few dainty genteel drinks and a book... and listen to the birds

Well you could come to the NVCF tomorrow in a recycled turkey shed and listen to old radios, farts and technobable Very Happy .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
Very Happy
Quote:
there are no plans for The Bay City Rollers to get back together

Their keyboard player was in the year ahead of me at University Shocked .

Quote:
all I wanted to do was sit in my back garden with a few dainty genteel drinks and a book... and listen to the birds

Well you could come to the NVCF tomorrow in a recycled turkey shed and listen to old radios, farts and technobable Very Happy .

One of our drinking buddies partly responsible for for one of (in my opinion) irritating and annoying Christmas songs! Very Happy

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Tewkesbury-musician-ready-Wizzard-Christmas/article-3033987-detail/article.html
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
:

thank you for the reminder Very Happy I would have forgotten otherwise. Did you see the 104 in good nick? and the Stirling LS3/5as without crossovers?
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I saw John Bell's offerings - aka royal-hifi & bakabunghippo on sleezeBay and the nice 104s he'd snaffled, I was at the far end of the hall S6/7 with my pal Gary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: