SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

value of callindas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdave
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: value of callindas Reply with quote

what is a decent pair of callindas worth i have had a set on here in the for sale section since mid may and had no offers

saw a single untested one on epray that went for 6 no doubt off to be pulled apart for spares which i would prefer not to happen to my pair but i do need to sell them as they are sat in the way in the room i want to convert to a bathroom but don't know what to ask
T.O. Chef
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in Beauty being completely in the eye of the beholder, so the $ "worth" of even the most fabulous KEF is only what one's ears can appreciate and wallet afford.
I say ... Ensure their survival first. Why not grant them to some deserving friend or family who will truly appreciate them?
Making a difference in someone's life, That's Real Value.
bigdave
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only know a few people into hifi and have asked if anyone was interested allready before offering anywhere else

also i would like a bit of cash back on the money i spent for the system i bought

i know i could do this by breaking them up and have seen the prices the drivers sell for on ebay so won't be giving them away

i would much prefer for them to go complete which would be much less hasle for me and would ensure the survival of an allready rare pair of vintage speakers for you guys
grayling
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: single calinda Reply with quote

The single calinda is in safe hands and is being restored for my own use.
It sounded terrible until I changed the makeshift tweeter for a T27. It now seems to be improving with use (don't think it has been used for a long time) but there is much to do.
Interested in your Calindas, are they stll available?
bigdave
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got your message and have messaged you back

would 100 seem a fair price for a pair of callindas
bigdave
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now sold to an enthusiast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: