SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Auspec' Falcon Concerto crossover values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulane
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: 'Auspec' Falcon Concerto crossover values Reply with quote

I've read on here about some special crossovers that Falcon made for the Australian distributers of the Concerto speaker but I haven't been able to find a circuit diagram of the crossover. Anyone have this? What makes it so special?
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Its a tweaked CAD version of the CS7 crossover for "older units" moving the bass section onto a separate PCB to eliminate inductive coupling at a lower crossover frequency (~250Hz), plus a 3.5kHz aB section for the tweeter.

The circuit like that of the CS7 should contain two high DCR inductors which are probably uneconomic to manufacture these days.

The full design has never been published by KEF and Falcon, Wilmslow Audio, etc., have slightly different versions all subject to copyright.

What's special about the circuit is that it gives maximum bang for the buck out of the B139B SP1044, B110A SP1003, T27 SP1032 combination; it wasn't designed for other combinations of drive units.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
mulane
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An aB section for the tweeter? Interesting. It doesn't look like Falcon are selling this crossover any more so why the continued secrecy I wonder. May send them an email and see what they say.
mulane
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received an email from Jerry at Falcon saying that they are going to be selling the crossover again soon but no other details as yet.
iso
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Aus Kef Reply with quote

I asked Falcon if they realy will reintroduce Aus Kef/53 crossover.

They informed that they will not be able to reintroduce 53 as they do not have circuit boards for 53. Sensibe order size for boards is so much, that it is not economically possible.

So... I beg if anybody have details for Aus Kef/ Falcon 53 crossover... let me know the details of this crossover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: