SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meridian M100, M20, M30s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nat8808
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Meridian M100, M20, M30s Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know what version of the T33 tweeter these are supposed to use?

I've just bought a pair of M10s and they have at some time had a few tweeter changes - firstly by Meridian I beleive from the T52 to T33 perhaps as a repair with all they then had and then one alone has been replaced by the owner at some point due to physical damage.

So, I have one SP1191 and one SP1210.. Anyone know which is the original Merdian one?

Might be academic as I plan on upgrading them to a scanspeak model - easy to adjust active models!
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Meridian M100, M20, M30s Reply with quote

I'd hazard a guess at one being 4 ohm impedance the other being eight... Shocked
nat8808
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... has it seriously been this long?

Well - just this week I replaced the T33s with scanspeak 97000s and... well they certainly didn't change the treble output level that I could tell immediately so I think a good replacement for T33s!

I kept the original Kef faceplates but had to open up the centre hole by about 4mm and file down the mounting ring on the back.

Could be psychological but they sound a little bit more extended.

Now, remember (should anyone be actually reading this) the T33s were old and probably down on sensitivity themselves and the 97000s appear to match that.. so probably the level is down compared to when new..

And no, both T33s were 4ohms - one an SP1191 and the other a Constructor series SP1210.

The speaker had fallen forward at somepoint in the previous owner's possession, off its stand and probably done some tweeter damage - also pulled the wires off the amp board hence why they've sat for two years! The smell from the dusty amps got me worried for a bit but now gone. Now a hissing has started up in one speaker so there will be future cap changes and probably then I'll try to adjust tweeter level to satisfaction.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stirling stuff, we wish you luck I'm sure.
I hope that hissing Syd is soon found and sent packing, good luck.
Keep us informed! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: