SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap peerless B110 alternatives being offered on ebay ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m.elmslie
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Cheap peerless B110 alternatives being offered on ebay ? Reply with quote

Probably leaving myself open to a whole lot of slagging here but,has anybody looked at the cheap peerless sko130's being offered on ebay as alternatives to the b110.
Please be kind!
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, no published TS parameters according to www.diyaudio.com and the distortion and waterfall plots also at www.diyaudio.com look horrible.

I'd leave this Indian made speaker well alone unless it's for your mother-in-laws transistor radio!

I found this somewhere else Smile .

SKO 130, AKA S13NL-8 (or is it S13NI-8 ).

Nominal imp (Z): 8 Ohm
Resonance freq (Fs): 53 Hz
Nom power handling: 50 W
Sens: 90 dB/W/m

Voice coil dia: 26 mm
VC height: 12 mm
Air gap: 5 mm
Mag dimension (d x h): 86 x 15 mm

DC resistance (Re): 5.7 Ohm
Compliance (Cms): 1.05 m/N
Moving mass (Mms): 8.5 g
Qms: 2.00
Qes: 0.46
Qts: 0.38
Piston area: 95 sqcm
Force factor (Bl): 5.93

No VAS.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap peerless B110 alternatives being offered on ebay ? Reply with quote

There are many imposter B110 units being sold on ePrey currently.
All of them horribly overpriced!

I found this as well as the Peerless units this morning, just read the altered mounting recommendations being given using “Wood Screws”!

The first thing that would put me off is the fs, much higher than the original… as for the rest of the parameters... Evil or Very Mad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-1-4-Kevlar-cone-singlepoint-Hi-fi-Bass-Mid-driver-flat-response-B110-upgrade-/220918437533?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D230718864295%26ps%3D54
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of them
horrible. Wink

Be grateful Andy these outstanding sellers of ”any old shit will do” are doing you a favour, you can sell your genuine drivers giving the substandards of sleezeBay even more commission knowing that they’ll be used in part payment for some drugs or slavery deal in patronage and homage driven South East Asia where Human Rights count for nothing and achieve the sound you never ever wanted! Twisted Evil
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
Quote:
All of them
horrible. Wink

Be grateful Andy these outstanding sellers of ”any old shit will do” are doing you a favour, you can sell your genuine drivers giving the substandards of sleezeBay even more commission knowing that they’ll be used in part payment for some drugs or slavery deal in patronage and homage driven South East Asia where Human Rights count for nothing and achieve the sound you never ever wanted! Twisted Evil

Many moons ago I sold some mint replacememnt KEF drivers to a friend so that he could finish 'his project'. A couple of months later I was upset to find that he was selling them on ePrey at inflated cost.

Any remaing units I have I'd rather give away to a good honest home as long as they remained there. The strict proviso being that should any change occur then the units come back to me.
Thierry
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

proffski wrote:

Many moons ago I sold some mint replacememnt KEF drivers to a friend so that he could finish 'his project'. A couple of months later I was upset to find that he was selling them on ePrey at inflated cost.

This is nasty, what a moron. I presume he isn't your friend anymore.

Thierry
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thierry wrote:
proffski wrote:

This is nasty, what a moron. I presume he isn't your friend anymore. Thierry

We still sometimes speak but he has been demoted to rank of an acquaintance. He did in fact start the project but ran out of enthusiasm.
I'd have been quite happy to have bought the B200s from him, but I guess they were his after all... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: