SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Down Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Administration, Management and Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allanson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Down Time Reply with quote

Sorry about the down time last week. I suspect that the Web Host caused the problem when doing some routine maintenance. One of the tables in the database had become corrupted.
allanson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Website shifting from New York to Amsterdam Reply with quote

Please accept my apologies for some down time which will occur this week. The exact date and time is not available yet.

Basically most of my websites including hifiloudspeakers.info and SpeakerTalk are being moved from New York based servers to Amsterdam based servers.

On the assumption that this is implemented successfully i wouldn't anticipate a down time of more than a few days.

I will email all members as soon as SpeakerTalk becomes live again.
allanson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Further details about the down-time Reply with quote

Down-time for SpeakerTalk will start at approximately 22.00 on Friday 8th June 2012 (UK time). At that point a final backup will be made of the underlying databases in preparation for other work which will start at 01.00 on Saturday 9th June 2012 (UK time).

During this down-time numerous websites, photo galleries, bulletin boards and other online facilities will be transferred from USA-based servers to servers in Europe. It is hoped that down-time for SpeakerTalk can be restricted to no more than a day or two including propagation of the domain names from new throughout the web.

If however a problem/incompatibility is encountered with respect to the underlying supporting software on the new servers, down-time may extend to days or even more as I struggle to find time to resolve the issues. Please however be assured that SpeakerTalk will survive. I will email the community when it is up and running again.

I suspect that the website itself (hifiloudspeakers.info) will not be an issue. It should be up and running very soon after the transfer. Only SpeakerTalk should cause any problems.

I apologise for this inconvenience.

Best wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Administration, Management and Registration Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: