SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DIY Circuit Design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speakerguru
VIP Contributor 750+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: DIY Circuit Design Reply with quote

I have a small software utility (app?) which I use for designing circuits to equalise the low end of speakers. With Terry's help, we can make it available for download if anyone is interested.

The app uses the Friend biquad described elsewhere in this forum. In the simplest case, you start by specifying the f and Q of your actual speaker and then the f and Q of the equalised response you wish to end up with. Next you choose some starting circuit values and hit the go button and out pop all the resistor values.

I'll wait to see how much interest there is here, before bothering Terry about putting it on the site.
clubsport911
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interest.. and from my recent PM's you know what for ! Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: