SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a fair price for a set B110B, s ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willem-57
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: What's a fair price for a set B110B, s ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I can purchase a good looking set B110B sp1057 as spare for my 105.4.
Because mine have become a little white in the middle near the dustcap, so maybe it's better to have a spare set. What is a fair price for such a set? Rolling Eyes
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white you mention is just the wood glue it was primed with separating from the cone. It's not a serious fault. The problem starts when the dust cup is separated as it fails the sealing of the enclosure.

Look for brand new B110s at Falcon Acoustics. No point in purchasing a spare driver that may be as old or older than the one you are using.

Only issue is Falcon Acoustics furnish SP1003 equivalents. But you can ask them if they have any that can match an SP1057 or if it's possible to replace both drivers.
willem-57
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a very nice looking set for sale and i just wonder if i would buy them fot the right price as a spare set. Mine are working great. But i think that another SP number means also another filtering.

Thx for your reply.
willem-57
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a set of B110-sp1057 for a fair price, i paid € 46,95 for the set including delivery cost. They are in a very good state. Now i must find a nice set of T33A SP1074, so i,ve spare parts for the future. Wink

SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking and a good price. Store them in a dark dry place, cones up and don't stuff them into any sort of plastic wrapper or bag.
willem-57
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the advise. I made a simple stand of three pieces of wood where i screwed the 2 speakers against, made a drawing of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: