SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

102/2 Broken Kube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquid456
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: 102/2 Broken Kube Reply with quote

Hello
Great forum, I have looked around but couldnt find the answer to my problem. I have a pair of 102/2. I understand there were 2 types, one that could be used with out the kube box and another that required it. Sadly I have the ones the require it. With out using the kube they sound so 'mid range' horrible. My Kube has finaly died and is currently in kef's service department but the chap from kef was very doubtful that they could do anything as its so old and the dont support them any longer. My question is does anyone know of a place that can repair it or is it possible to do away with the Kube altogether and install a crossover inside the speakers. I have had these speakers for an age now and would be upset to loose them over the kube devise, never did like the kube.

This is all down to Kef saying that they are sure they cant help me of course which is looking very likely.

Hope you can help
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep trying EBay, I bought three generations of the KEF Kube, the last and the best for very little! Good Luck!
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: broken kube Reply with quote

liquid456 did you ever get the kube repaired? If not and you still want to get it working, I can do it (as long as no irreplacable parts are missing).

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: