SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A mix of cs-9 and pl301
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gforse
Junior Contributor 20+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speakerguru wrote:
gforse wrote:
so the theory of the 107 is .......... its in isobaric so the sound and the bass will go deep......?

No. There's nothing "isobaric" about any KEF coupled cavity. They are bass reflex boxes with the output from the driver blocked off. You only hear the port output. The port output from a reflex has a bandpass response. The upper cut off is often designed to be around 100-150 Hz.

where was the b300 original designed for? and is it best to keep the b300 in a single 90L enclosure? because when i compare the design in bassbox. there's not much of a difference Confused
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's talking bollocks? I said that T52s never had ferrofluid, and it was first introduced in T33s, which is surely true?
Lee in Montreal
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gforse wrote:
where was the b300 original designed for? and is it best to keep the b300 in a single 90L enclosure? because when i compare the design in bassbox. there's not much of a difference Confused

Most evryone I kow who designed enclosures using PC softares ended with shitty results. If it were that easy, anybody would end up with top of the line speakers. You'll need to make several speaker systems until you really start feeling the fine art of enclosure design... Really.

As for the B300, it was designed by a member of this forum. The B300 was initially designed for a 90L enclosure, but ended up in a 70L 105/2 because of the marketing department. I made my sealed enclosure at 90L to respect the initial design. I heavily braced it to reduce coloration and not waste energy into vibrating panels. Curved sides keep panels from being "floppy".
Evo 105/2 - in the build
gforse
Junior Contributor 20+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I go for the 90L enclosure with bracing bud also with sand filled side walls and good bracing! because I think its the best for the B300. and I like the lines you have in your design Lee. bud I will make it different!

Bud how do you calculate the round edges and the bracing? also if you isolate than you also get a bigger dimension how can I calculate that?

i read some where you must do the original enclosure of 90L times 1.25 so you have the isolation calculated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: