SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitor Audio Ma1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdgdpc
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabinets should be unstuffed: foam lined only. The black trim round the inner front edge has to be removed to remove the baffle plate. I have a circuit diagram for the crossover, but can't see a method to attach a jpeg of this.... I desoldered the capacitors and checked them, were all working fine, but the original tolerances seemed to be only +/- 10%. Falcon Acoustics will sell +/- 2% replacements.
David
John777
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had any problem removing the baffle plate as you call it. Ports have no tubes as standard. I added some to my pair. Improved bass.
Rait
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if posters in this thread are aware but, the original series MA1 to 7 of the Monitor Audio line were designed by Martin Colloms, so he may be worth contacting for info. Not sure if he was involved in the updates, Series 2, Isophon tweeters etc.

I lusted after a pair of MA1 in the late 70s but they were above my price range at the time. I compared them to a number of the popular speakers around then & they always impressed. To my mind they were like a more refined, upmarket, Kef Concerto, which I had at the time & still have in my collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: