SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frequency response for Kube for Kef reference 102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarkovsky
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Frequency response for Kube for Kef reference 102 Reply with quote

Hi everyone I'm new hear. I own a much loved pair of Kef reference 102s. Unfortunately the Kube that comes with it is kaput. I'm not sure if this is a power issue or whether the things actually broken. I mostly work digitally (I actually produce music on these things, and they're great for mixing) so it wouldn't be much trouble at all for me to introduce an EQ curve in the digital domain before my D/A.

Does anyone know what the exact eq shape for this box is? I've googled high and low but found nothing. If I do find out elsewhere, I'll post it, as I think this would be really useful to anyone who has these speakers but doesn't have acces to the kube 102.

Otherwise if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this unit, or where to get another cheaply that'd be fantastic.

Cheers!
Zak
speakerguru
VIP Contributor 750+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I designed the 102 Kube and I still use 102s as my main speakers. I'm sure I could help you out somehow. Are you in the UK? I could probably repair your Kube.
Tarkovsky
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much! I've just sent you a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: