SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some help needed with the design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorisB
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: some help needed with the design Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a Belgian student and I've two pairs of KEF drivers

One pair of KEF B200 SP1039 woofers and one pair of KEF T27 SP1032 tweeters.
I am planning to build two enclosed boxes, each with a tweeter and with a woofer.
I've installed a program, BassBox 6 Pro, which I gave the parameters of the B200's. The internal volume is 32,71 liters.
The dimentions are 55,9(height)x35,9(width)x23,5(depth) centimeters
The way I want them to look like is this
And about a cross-over design, I've chosen to do create a 2nd Butterworth order cross-over. But I'm stuck with finding the right parts.
What is your opinion about my speaker project, if I may ask and does anyone of you know an online shop where I can buy conductors and inductors?

Thanks in advance,
Boris
T.O. Chef
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.
I'm pretty sure that wee Tangent box is a whole lot smaller than 32+ liters.
Maybe close if it goes back about 1 meter in depth. But that's not too practical is it? Maybe tall and slender is better?

The very Best in the World for the bits you need right here:
http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/

Have fun! It's a very fulfilling hobby, and we're all anxious to see how your project unfolds.
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drivers you have are the ingredients of a KEF 104 or 104ab. That particular version of the B200 works well with an ABR so I would assume it shouldn't be used in a sealed box. Check the low frequency excursion simulations.

Perhaps look for a pair of B139 passive radiators and appropriate crossover and build along the design of the 104?
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the 1039 was used successfully in the original 103, a closed box without ABR slightly smaller than the 104 with rotatable baffle, which got better marks for colouration than the 104 in the original 1st Hi-Fi Choice test of 80 or 90 speakers by the great (and lamented) Angus McKenzie. Both were top recommendations, 104 for pop and 103 for classical/acoustic).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: