SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SEARCHING Cambridge Audio R-50'S or TL 200's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: SEARCHING Cambridge Audio R-50'S or TL 200's Reply with quote

Hello people outthere,
here in the Netherlands lives a man who is desperately looking for a pair of the Cambridge Audio R50's or TL 200's. See my avatar for an image.
The cabinets may have some scratches or bumps, the most important are of course the units and crossovers, these must be in a good state. I saw his add on a dutch hifi-site and offered him to ask you folks.
Is there anyone who has a pair for sale or knows someone who might have.
He asked me to mention his e-mailadres and mobile phonenumber so you can react to him straightaway.
His name is Chris Mol,
email to: cmtheman@hotmail.com, phonenr. 0031 6 1543 7946
Finally a question for Colin: what do you think would be a fair price for such a pair?
Thanks in advance, greetings from Holland, Bert
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite shitty sleezeBay sellers pushing up prices no more than €400 for a mint pair, less for any dings or missing veneer.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Colin,
wouldn't sell mine for that, don't think i can get another pair of speakers with that same quality for €400.
Greets, Bert
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent most of yesterday afternoon beating a piece of bent extruded Aluminium back into shape and banging my thumb Crying or Very sad .

The Cambridge TL200 does present a bit of a problem when buying used as the textured material on the chipboard baffle is held captive by two extrusions and you cannot lever it off without damage either to the Aluminium or chipboard, so you'd need to take along a big torch and visually examine in a darkened room Wink .

The only internal difference is the TL200 bass inductor being about twice the diameter of that from the R50 all other components and drive units, Coles 4001G, KEF SP1032, SP1003 & SP1044 being the same Cool .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only internal difference is the TL200 bass inductor being about twice the diameter of that from the R50 all other components and drive units, Coles 4001G, KEF SP1032, SP1003 & SP1044 being the same

I know Colin, that's why the TL 200's are 50 Watts RMS and the R_50's are 25 Watss RMS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: