SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My B139 sound dry and congested in 43 liter enclosures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: B139 Variants? Reply with quote

This will add to the confusion then...
Link: http://www.mickandviv.com/isobarik-faq/DriversB139.htm
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: B139 in closed box Reply with quote

RGBE wrote:
[quote proffsky]I see that the C80 had an internal volume of 47L using the B139 SP1212 driver.
C80: http://listeninn.com/Website/Used-Speakers/KEF-C80-Info.htm

I would be very happy to know that the C80 volume was 47 liters -very close to my 43 l- if the B139s SP1212 had the same acoustical characteristics of my SP1044s. Do you think they are equal in the acoustic aspects?[/quote]

Yes, they would have been very similar. Changing the voice coil impedance makes very minor changes to the "Theile-Small" parameters apart from scaling everything for impedance.
RGBE
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: B139 Variants? Reply with quote

proffski wrote:
This will add to the confusion then....

Oh my God!
RGBE
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: B139 in closed box Reply with quote

speakerguru wrote:
Yes, they would have been very similar. Changing the voice coil impedance makes very minor changes to the "Theile-Small" parameters apart from scaling everything for impedance.

Then, may be, I shall leave my 43 liter IB enclosures as they are and, perhaps, add a good subwoofer. I have a spare B139 ready for it.

But, before, I shall give them a good hearing as I have not listened to these speakers for several years and don't remember well their bass character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: