SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B200 1022 in Transmission line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyS
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: B200 1022 in Transmission line Reply with quote

I have a nice pair, well lucky me, of LNB Paralab 40s and am looking to try tweeking them a bit.

Managed to get hold of a pair of B200 1022s which seem to have the reputation of being good for TL speakers and going to try them instead of the Dalesford 8" units in there now.

Yes I know the boxes may not be designed for them but I want to play. I am making some new baffles so will be able to return them to current state easily.

Any ideas on Xover for these or just a second order at 3000Hz to match what is there now.

The speakers have very basic Xovers, which seems to have been the way with LNB, but they sound lovely. Looking also at trying a new section for the HF1300 and Coles 4001, both 15/16 Ohm versions, and was looking at using either one of the designs from B&W DM 2a or 4 or Spendor BC1 or 3.

Any thoughts or opinions? Rolling Eyes
DrBoar
Junior Contributor 20+

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing drivers on a whim is seldom a good idea. However, the Dalesford drivers where "inspired" by the KEF B200 and B110 so they might be similar.

I would start with the B200 and listen, and preferably measure, with the B200 connected both in straight and revesed phase.

I that does not work I would make Zobel filters for 50 and 100% of the inductance of the B200 and then test if they improve the filter- driver interaction. The zobel affect the shape of the crossover induced drop, If it is gradual or sharp or preceeded by a hump. This in turn affect how the bass driver adds up to the next driver in line of the crossover

proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, the T/S parameters for the two drivers (depending on which B200 you are using) are quite different, starting with the 'fs'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: