SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: The future Reply with quote

I’m curious, we have sites (places) of special interest, various graded buildings, lots of archived materials In institutes that will always be around but, as yet, nothing for safeguarding “special” websites.

I think this is one of those “special” websites in that it has some very knowledgeable enthusiasts and even folk that have work at Kef in the 60’s and 70’s and that helped design and develop these speakers who as they pass on and pass away can never be replaced.
But their words and wisdom are still here for all to see and read.

Does the admin of this site have any consolidation plans for the future of this site ?
Or am I foolish to think that anybody will have any interest in Kef in 50 or 100 years time ?

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but wasn't sure where to post it)
Garethwatkins
Junior Contributor 20+

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try archive.org
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are speakers out there that are already 40 - 50 years old so I guess what you are asking is in another 40 or 50 years, where will this site be?
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
There are speakers out there that are already 40 - 50 years old so I guess what you are asking is in another 40 or 50 years, where will this site be?

A lot of the knowledge hear is also applicable to non-Kef speakers. Perhaps it's that's why it's usefull to keep.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche,
The Twilight of the Idols, 1889
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: