SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which KEF best for my amp?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Which KEF best for my amp? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I purchased a Kenwood R-k711 CD receiver weeks ago. I am looking for a good pair of speakers to hook it up with.

I listen to pop and rock most of the times. Budget is around ~600USD and I am going for the second hand route due to the tight budget.

Some people suggested KEF 30's, CodaIII, etc as they have high sensitivity so would be very easy to drive. I have no experience with KEF yet I love Tannoy as my cousin used to own a pair and they sound so sweet in pitch and mid tone.

Which KEF model(s) would be the best for my CD receiver?

Kenwood r-k711 spec: http://www.kenwood.eu/products/home/systems/compact_component/K-711-B/details/

Thank you very much.

Chris
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some Coda IIIs many years ago, and I thought they were outstanding for the price. The midrange on vocals was particularly good compared to my Kef Referencess and Spendors for such budget speakers. They came out as a best buy in the HiFi Choice paperback style mags of the era where they compared 80 or so models. They were efficient, but you cannot expect the deepest bass. The difficulty would be finding good ones, the ones I see on ebay occasionally look often in poor cosmetic condition. I used them with a 20W Rotel amp and later a 50W Audiolab with no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Audio equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: