SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef Q90 Uni-q Kube

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elgee
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Kef Q90 Uni-q Kube Reply with quote

Hi. I'm looking for an active subwoofer to partner my Q90's. I'm currently using a Wharfedale Powercube PC8 which does add a little volume to the low frequency but only has the same low frequency response that the speakers themselves have ie. 40 Hz. I was hoping to get closer to 20 Hz if I could. Can anyone recommend a Kube that would work well with the Q 90's - perhaps one designed for a Kef home theatre setup?
speakerguru
VIP Contributor 750+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a KUBE 100 or a KUBE200. If your subwoofer has more volume displacement than your Q90s, then the KUBE should be boosting the sub not the Q90s, but this may not be possible if there is a high pass filter in the sub. In which case you couldd try boostiing the Q90s and ditching the sub.

If you are electronics savvy then I could give you the schematic of an active circuit that extends the bass from 40 to 20Hz before the power amp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: