SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 104/2 speaker cabinet and grill drawings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
accuphase
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: KEF 104/2 speaker cabinet and grill drawings? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a pair of KEF 104/2. Cabinets are in bad condition, impossible to repair, and the speaker grills are missing.

All drivers are in exellent working condition, crossover is fine.

I was wondering if anyone has the drawings of the cabinets and the speaker grills so hopefully I could remake them and give these speakers a new life.

Cheers!
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome here.

In general, cabinets are easier to repair than build again from scratch so I wonder how much damage these have accumulated.

Since you have the enclosures themselves, you don't really need anyone else make the measurements for you.

BTW, the mid and tweeter are mounted on the pods. Are these also beyond repair? That could be a challenge to re-create precisely.
accuphase
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

Thanks for the reply Smile cabinets themselves are in extremely bad shape. There are wood cracks on many places, there is even one part where the wood is missing. They are horribly scratched on the sides as well. These speakers had a rough life. I guess I could see if someone could recreate the cabinets from the existing ones. But here in Bosnia not many people know that kind of stuff.

I'm quite new to Hi-Fi. I turned 18 few months ago Smile I've acquired these speakers just recently by a very strange coincindence and once I heard them I instantly fell in love with them and I wish to restore them.

Suprisingly the front baffles (mid-tweeter-mid) are in great condition. There are few signs of finish wear, nothing unusual for speakers of this age.

I am looking for drawings of the speaker grills as well. If any hints on how could i get to them please let me know Smile

Best wishes,

Armin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: