SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef Calinda.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrinex
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Kef Calinda. Reply with quote

Hi im new to the KEF speakers, now i could lay my hand on a set of CAlinda's but i cant finf any specs of reviews about them (because ther so old)

can someone tell what these speakers are and maybe some specs ? from people that got them in at home or had them ?

Many thanks Smile
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot you can't read the Dutch Shocked spec sheet (on two pages) on this site.
I'll admit to two pairs a scruffy one needing reveneering and a boxed NOS pair - must get them out sometime Smile .
Now they have a similar drive unit (0.5lb of magnet material doesn't make much difference between SP1039 and SP1054) and acoustic Butterworth crossover configurations to my two pairs of 104aB's and 104aB kit.
Therefore they sound like.........
wrinex
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i got them and what the hell ! they sound so great Smile verry sweeeeeet high tones and pretty low bass , could be a bit lower and it whas the perfect speaker Smile but for now it sounds great , maybe there is an DIY subwoofer for the same kind of units ? at least old kef units and not the Extreme big cuffin sub Smile thats to much
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like 'em! I love mine! Smile

Even on the official KEF site they don't have a picture of them.... I feel deprived.

But there's one here! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: