SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF Xover schematics.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyS
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: KEF Xover schematics. Reply with quote

I have searched the Forum and Interweb and cannot find what I am looking for so......

Can any of you nice folks out there help me with schematics for SP2004 and SP1052 crossovers.

I have several crossover pair and it's time they were got rid of so want to sell them with details of components.

Thanks for looking.
audiolabtower
VIP Contributor 500+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP2004 was the Coda II. It was a simple crossover, 450uF series capacitor, 2nd order bass rolloff with a large inductor and 4.2uF to ground. The treble was 3rd order with two 7uF capacitors, and a small inductor to ground.

SP1052 was the Corelli and somewhat more complicated, circuit here:
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/Crossovers/DN17SP1052Corelli/Gallery/pages/corelli.htm
AndyS
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

The SP1052s I have include 3x 10uF, 1x 3.3uF and 1x 30uF caps. Not quite the Xover you describe.

I am looking to give the info as inductor values might help me get rid of them. The Caps can be read easily but KEFs colour coding for coils is a different matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: