SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Precendent MZ Mod III Speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary7m
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Precendent MZ Mod III Speakers Reply with quote

Here in the USA there were many speakers which used KEF drivers: Fried Loudspeakers used T27, B110, B200, B139 (Fried was the IMF of IMF--Irving M. Fried), A pair of loudspeakers I had from 1979, Precedent M.Z. Modular III speakers, had T27, B110, and B200. M.Z. stands for Murray Zeligman who went on to design many loudspeakers on contract especially for SEAS and NOVA. These were interesting speakers as they consisted of three modules: the B200 in a large transmission line, the B110 in a medium size transmission line, and the T27 mounted in front of a cube that held the crossover network. The speakers were time aligned by positioning the drivers all on the same vertical plane which meant that they formed 3 steps with the tweeter further back than the B110 which was further back from the B200. Here's a poorly drawn front end view:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gary7m/album?.dir=f2a2
The B110 Transmission line vented out the front, the B200 vented out the side. Each speaker was 120cm x 100cm approximately and weighed in excess of 30kg.

Hope you find this of some interest.

Regards,
Gary Pighetti
MAINE, USA[/url]
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating, I'm amazed as to more and more KEF based designs keep being found. Damned shame that KEF left the DIY market. Thank you for the most interesting and invaluable information for my files. Andy.
pauligan
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Precendent MZ Mod III Speakers Reply with quote

Hi there!!! I just bought some of these speakers and can't find ANY information about them save this particular blurb from many years ago on the Internet!! Smile Anybody have any additional info on them? I'm not sure what the value is or if I have to set them up a certain way or what... currently getting some banana plugs wired onto my speaker wire to utilize my new/old Marantz to plug into this. Any additional info would be amazing! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: