SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: KEF CELESTE IV (SP1108) CIRCUIT DIAGRAM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flumoxed
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: WANTED: KEF CELESTE IV (SP1108) CIRCUIT DIAGRAM Reply with quote

Hi, all.

Can someone help me with a clear scan of the KEF Celeste IV (SP1108) circuit diagram (.pdf file), please? Willing to pay reasonable sum via PayPal if necessary.

Many TX.
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a couple of crossover boards sold on ebay. It appears to be a pretty simple and straightforward crossover that you can trace even from the PCB.

Is it the values of the inductors that you really need? If so, you need access to one of these and an inductor/capacitance meter.

Unfortunately I don't have any SP1108 available so can't help with tracing and measurements.
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anyone having this somehow.

If this is super important to you and you're willing to be without the crossovers for a while, PM me to arrange a way for me to trace the circuit and measure components (all in the interests of increasing the knowledge base).
flumoxed
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: WANTED: KEF CELESTE IV (SP1108) CIRCUIT DIAGRAM Reply with quote

SaSi wrote:
I saw a couple of crossover boards sold on ebay. It appears to be a pretty simple and straightforward crossover that you can trace even from the PCB.

Is it the values of the inductors that you really need? If so, you need access to one of these and an inductor/capacitance meter.

Unfortunately I don't have any SP1108 available so can't help with tracing and measurements.

Many thanks, SaSi. The original caps were replaced some years ago so I just wanted to confirm the original MFD and voltage values.
flumoxed
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speakerguru wrote:
I can't see anyone having this somehow.

If this is super important to you and you're willing to be without the crossovers for a while, PM me to arrange a way for me to trace the circuit and measure components (all in the interests of increasing the knowledge base).

Many thanks for your kind offer, Speakerguru. As explained earlier, I just need to confirm the MFD and voltage values of the original capacitors. While I am at it, I want to change the spring-loaded speaker cable input terminals. If anybody did this and has any recommendations, I would be very grateful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: