SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF Chorale.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not an expert. But I saw your post and was going to rummage through my spare parts but you already found what you are looking for! Great!

Affordable speakers? Anything from that era is great but I don't know the average price points these days. Sorry!

(This is my second post in this thread.... )
Hugues TR4
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your input.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a few weeks.
Still listening to my KEF's at the moment. Awesome! (my friend hasn't come yet to get them back).
Anyway, many thanks for your offer.
KEF speakers from this era seem to have been quite popular over here in Europe, so they come up quite regularly on our local 2nd hand networks.
But I needed some experience related to these speakers, and that's why I opened this thread.
You're in Canada if I'm not mistaken... pity the shipping is so expensive across the pond, plus the fact that, in awaiting the commercial agreements, the custom duties are also prohibitives!
Have a nice day.
Cheers,

Hugh.
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm in Canada, eh? Very Happy

I'm not using mine in a stereo but I am using one as a center channel in a 5.0 set up, the other one is a spare. KEF Calinda's are the other four speakers. Lots of bass in the Calindas, no need for a sub woofer. Works quite well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: