SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heathkit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Heathkit Reply with quote

Just a few to get the ball rolling.

AS9520 KEF B200, T15
AS9530 KEF B139, B110A, T27
AS9560 KEF T27, B200, B139 * 2!

I don't know the number of the Heathkit/Schlumberger Arena 4*T27, 3*B110A (24Ohm), 2*B139A (15Ohm) & BD139A.

Any other offers?

Last edited by ColinR on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Heathkit Reply with quote

A friend used to work in the Heathkit LS design department as a student
before they used the KEF units briefly in their history.

Here is an interesting snippet from a conversation earlier...

1. The best speaker whilst I was there was the Cotswold.
This came in two models, one was a closed box which was roughly square (front elevation) and the other was ported at the bottom. The latter was termed the Cotswold MFS (minimum floor space) and was much taller albeit having a smaller footprint.
Both models had 12" bass drivers.

2. When I was at University I did some work in the Heathkit service department during the holiday. It was at this time that Alan Evans developed a great big un with a 15" Goodmans bass unit, two midranges (same drivers in parallel) and a tweeter. I believe this product never got to market and only two pairs were ever made.
If it did have a name I've forgotten it.
Perhaps the saddest part of this tale is that Alan took them along to the Audio Fair, where the Goodmans people had a chance to compare the Heathkit speakers with their own incarnation using this 15" driver. Rumour has it that Goodmans thought the Heathkit speaker sounded better than theirs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: