SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sources for Speaker Grille cloth & replacement capacitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Sources for Speaker Grille cloth & replacement capacitor Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can help on where I can get good quality replacement matching speaker grille cloth? I have recently picked up a matched pair of Cadenzas and a matched pair of Concertos for restoration over the winter. I need the black and the dark brown that was used. If Iíve missed it on the site links, my apologies in advance.

We live just outside Oxford, so anywhere would be good, if it was nearby so I could select from rolls it would be even better.

Any ideas on sources for the crossover capacitors these days would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance.
ColinR
‹ber Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to Malcolm Jones at Falcon Acoustics 01493 751100 about grill cloths and capacitors - www.falcon-acoustics.co.uk.

Sid Chaplin in Leigh-on-Sea 01702 473740 will also be able to help out with grill cloths - www.vintage-radio.com/trg/index.html

Quote:
matched pair of Cadenzas and a matched pair of Concertos

Outside of ePay your statement about matching is an oxymoron.

The boxes might have sequential serial numbers, but the drive units are not matched - the boxes were batch matched out of 30-50 units.

You have to have drive units from members of the 80's Reference Series or those with individual drive unit serial numbers and sequential serial numbers on the cabinets in order for such a statement to have any validity.
Jerry
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, thanks for the quick reply. much appreciated.

I had forgotten about the "matching" units issue, slip of the keyboard. I used to sell KEF's amongst others in the early '70's and I can recall this causing problems with clients. Whether they "match" or not, nice to hear them both again and save them from the breakers yard....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: