SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 105.2 Magazine Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: KEF 105.2 Bass Alignment Reply with quote

I may have the Thiele / Small parameters for the relevant bass driver somewhere.

Unless our learned friend boyzo has already worked out the ideal size for the cabinet I am willing to do it for you.
But in my own time as and when available.
I will need the parameters... Smile
boyzo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: KEF 105.2 Bass Alignment Reply with quote

Well for a sealed box 100 - 150 liters
for a vented probably 200 liters

I dont have VAS an Qt at hand for the B300

It depends on how low you want to go in trems of F3

I think 200 liters vented would shake the house Wink

qguy wrote:
Hi Boyzo, How big a box do I need ?, I am in the midst of making a new box since the old box is "Old" and some section had water damaged or to be more precise has "milk damage".. on second thought maybe I should wait for the kids to get out of the house and then make a new box Smile

boyzo wrote:
The thing with the 105 was its so called 3rd order bass Alignment a combination of an underdamped 2nd order sealed box in combination with a series capacitor to give a so called optimally damped 3order box.

Here I think here KEF had a blind spot.

The B300 can perform but only in a large box sealed / reflex but not in the the 105 box.

qguy wrote:
Does anyone have a review of the kef 105.2 ?
boyzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: KEF 105.2 Bass Alignment Reply with quote

Andy post your calcs... Wink

proffski wrote:
I may have the Thiele / Small parameters for the relevant bass driver somewhere.

Unless our learned friend boyzo has already worked out the ideal size for the cabinet I am willing to do it for you.
But in my own time as and when available.
I will need the parameters... Smile
boyzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: KEF 105.2 Bass Alignment Reply with quote

Sealed 100 - 130 liters vented 200 liters tuned to 23 hz but you need to measure the actual VAS of the B300 as KEF's date is a static VAs not a Thiel Small VAS

qguy wrote:
Hi Boyzo, How big a box do I need ?, I am in the midst of making a new box since the old box is "Old" and some section had water damaged or to be more precise has "milk damage".. on second thought maybe I should wait for the kids to get out of the house and then make a new box Smile

boyzo wrote:
The thing with the 105 was its so called 3rd order bass Alignment a combination of an underdamped 2nd order sealed box in combination with a series capacitor to give a so called optimally damped 3order box.

Here I think here KEF had a blind spot.

The B300 can perform but only in a large box sealed / reflex but not in the the 105 box.

qguy wrote:
Does anyone have a review of the kef 105.2 ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: