SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambridge R40 Plans needed...........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainRobin
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Cambridge R40 Plans needed........... Reply with quote

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help. I've been looking for ages for
some plans to build some cambridge R40's, or R50's, or i think there was an uprated version of the R40's that were a bit beefier and the transmission line was a bit different, but they look pretty much the same. If anyone has any ideas, any any plans, or could point me in the right direction i'd be most greatful!

Regards Rob.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Bailey is here

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/Articles/ArticlesGallery/Bailey/BaileyWWW1972/pages/ww72b2.htm

The R40 is a "pruned" down version Very Happy .

Falcon Acoustics can provide a photocopy of the original Bert Webb Audio Amateur design, Jan 1975, commercially available as the Cambridge R50.

Chris Rogers produced a "knockoff" of the R50 for Hifi Answers, Aug 1975(?), along with the Pro9tl for Practical Hifi, Oct-Nov 1976, also available from Falcon @ ~£0.50 each.

There are plans for an IMF TLS80 clone in a 1977 Electronics Today International article. Anybody got a copy?

I've no plans to unscrew my Webb Lentek Monitors and to make a set of plans, but there are some pictures of their insides on the audiokarma.org site.
CaptainRobin
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the reply!

I've looked at the Bailey design but it's still not really what i'm after, a friend of mines dad has a pair of "uprated" R40's that he built in the early 70's using different materials, same driver configurement but a slightly different TL & they look similar... but not quite the same! He dosen't have the plans anymore and i'm 22 so i can only go on what i'm being told... So i'm confused!

Anywho, thanks for mentioning Falcon Acoustics, i shall contact them shortly.

Regards Rob
ian t
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ColinR"]

There are plans for an IMF TLS80 clone in a 1977 Electronics Today International article. Anybody got a copy?

Yes,I've still got that article from ETI August '77,albeit a bit faded after nearly 30 years.If any body would like a scanned copy drop me a line.Also have an interesting article describing a KEF 3 way DIY(PL301) based around the ref 105 units from Elektor sept '85 if anybody's interested.
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian
Yes please to electronic copies of these documents.
Terry
ian t
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry,I've just sent copies of these to your email inbox.
boyzo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh this is a an awful monster its huge and ugly also ETI was pretty tacky in terms of credibility.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, if you would be kind enough to send me a copy as well when you get a moment. I lost mine in a fire many years ago... Sad
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found yet more copies of various TL plans at a friends house. Will publish list of documents shortlly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: