SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef 105.2 Speaker Terminals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vrod
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Kef 105.2 Speaker Terminals Reply with quote

I own a pair of 105.2's. One speaker terminal has lost its plastic collar(on the outside). Need instructions on how to replace the terminal. I just recently rotated the woofers because the spider was rubbing the voice call on one speaker. This immediately solved this problem. I noticed that there was a wire comming from behind the insulation to connect with the woofer. Would the speaker terminals be behind this area. Although the speaker plays fine , if you jiggle the speaker cable it will cut out. Thanks in advance.
Victor
qguy
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kef 105.2 Speaker Terminals Reply with quote

I think the easiest way to fix this is to buy a nut with the same thread size as the terminals. If I remember correctly the terminals are not easily removed.

You can remove the yellow foam, behind the lower foam under the brace you would see the internal part of the terminal.

vrod wrote:
I own a pair of 105.2's. One speaker terminal has lost its plastic collar(on the outside). Need instructions on how to replace the terminal. I just recently rotated the woofers because the spider was rubbing the voice call on one speaker. This immediately solved this problem. I noticed that there was a wire comming from behind the insulation to connect with the woofer. Would the speaker terminals be behind this area. Although the speaker plays fine , if you jiggle the speaker cable it will cut out. Thanks in advance.
Victor
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You require a 2BA socket, although a 2BA spanner can be used.

The expensive Supra Boxcons are ideal replacements for the originals imho.

The construction of the post is as follows, outer terminal, plastic shim, rubber o-ring, then you have the woodwork, locking washer, ring terminal, normal washer, nut.

Remove B300B and all of the foam at the rear of the cabinet covering the terminals and the crossover to gain access.

A long thin screwdriver will prove useful to assist in aligning the terminal holes.

Note, the small push on terminals on the crossover board are available if you choose to upgrade the flyleads from the binding posts.

However the terminal tags on the pcb are not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: