SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B200s & Tweeter from model 304

View previous topic :: View next topic  
planet10
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on the B200 SP1069 (3 bolt holes) or the 25mm tweeter SP1074 -- like what its designation is (T25?)

dave
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

planet10 wrote:
Does anyone have any info on the B200 SP1069 (3 bolt holes) or the 25mm tweeter SP1074 -- like what its designation is (T25?)

dave

Dave

I have heard of SP1070 (I have two pairs of these) and SP1075 (both same shape) but not SP1069. I have only heard of B200 SP1014, 1022, 1039, 1054, 1063, 1070, 1075. If you get any information let me know.

The T33A is SP1074 and details can be found here.

Terry
planet10
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

terry wrote:

I have heard of SP1070 (I have two pairs of these) and SP1075 (both same shape) but not SP1069.

The 1069 is 16 ohms which may make it really close to the 1070 but different impedance.

Quote:

The T33A is SP1074 and details

Thanx for that... i was poking about that site but couldn't find those pages.

dave
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

I am amazed at the fantastic input by individuals who relish the speaker units of the 70s. Not just KEF, but the likes of Tannoy, B&W and so on. They forged the fantastic knowlege and research, and yet more historical information is available from sites like these than from the manufactrers themselves.
These are classic units, just look at Ebay for example. I realise that these people have been taken over, sometimes several times. Yet there are huge gaps in their museum pages, mistakes and omissions abide.
It is sad when firms get to be run mainly by accountants, yes there is talent there but no passion anymore. May the likes of this site and others like it live long and prosper! Take for examble the SP1069, I will try and contact my 'contact' at KEf. I doubt if they wil have any luck. As much as my enquiry about the KEF B200 SP1343... I though it would get some of you thinking. Been trying to get the Thiele Small parameters for this one for a year now... Ho hum...
I do remember when writing to KEF back in the 70s, data sheets were sent free of charge, I even had a personal reply from Raymond Cooke and Laurie Fincham. Raymond sadly gone now, and Mr Fincham poached to another continent. Which modern firm these days would get the chief engineer and founder answer a letter from a punter doing a project for college? Oh what nostalgia...

planet10 wrote:

dave

planet10
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

proffski wrote:
I even had a personal reply from Raymond Cooke and Laurie Fincham.

Yes those days... when the 220V trafos in my Quad IIs gave up the ghost, i got a pair of factory 110V units. They were delivered by Ross Walker himself :^)

dave
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

I have been unable to source information on these. However, looking in Ebay tonight revealed this particular set of B200s. Have you means of testing the DC resistance of the voice coils?
"This is an auction for a pair of B200 Oval frame KEF bass units.As fitted to the Kef referance 105/4[105/2].They are an 8inch cone with 16ohm impedance,they are a set from one speaker and were used in parallel to produce an 8ohm load.They could be used seperatly and would be ideal for a kit speaker with valve amps in mind,or for some one needing a set for there much loved referance 105/4.They are in good condition and have been tested for continuity and each has an 14.5 ohm output on my meter." Fingers crossed, please let us out of our misery.

planet10 wrote:

dave

planet10
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

proffski wrote:
"This is an auction for a pair of B200 Oval frame KEF bass units.As fitted to the Kef referance 105/4[105/2].

Except for the painted frame (which is triangular, not oval) those look the same as the ones i have... i've sent him off an email to see if i can get an SP#.

The descriotion of my set of 4 can be seen here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047936073

dave
planet10
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: B200s & Tweeter from model 304 Reply with quote

planet10 wrote:
Except for the painted frame (which is triangular, not oval) those look the same as the ones i have...

They are SP1069s so they are the same... 4 would make a nice push-push TL (in the 104/2 they use them in a push-pull push-push bandpass box).

dave
tancrède
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-------------

Hi

I own a pair of 304 and they sound great.

The tweeter of the 304 is the T33A SP1074. I confirm.

I was really surprise because they sound almost better than the B&W 330i
B&W have more high do.

So i'm searching for spares speakers, in case.
The woofers are SP1069, very rare i think.

Best regards and long live to this site

Serge
Alias Tancrède
Quebec
Canada
oplancq
Intermediate Contributor 50+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
a friend a pair of 304 in poor condition. Actually the tweeter T33 has been extracted and placed on top of the speaker, just like a supertweeter Shocked Shocked . T33 has been replaced by a medium woofer. Don't know if the Xover was tweaked/changed.

Anybody knows how is the original xover (draw, plan). Those B200 SP1069 / T33 were used in others KEF speakers ? Eventually we would build a brand new set of speakers. Any kit using those speakers ?

Thanks much

Olivier
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Send me a photograph of the crossover.

2. As the 304 is an updated Concorde IV, look at the crossover schematics.

3. I've got a couple of 16 Ohm SP 1069 drive units in my garage and a couple of Concorde crossovers in my workshop.
oplancq
Intermediate Contributor 50+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
1. Send me a photograph of the crossover.

2. As the 304 is an updated Concorde IV, look at the crossover schematics.

3. I've got a couple of 16 Ohm SP 1069 drive units in my garage and a couple of Concorde crossovers in my workshop.

Will ask for the photos.

How good sound a pair of 304 ? as good as 104aB ?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: