SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

info on old kef tweeter and crossovers please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: info on old kef tweeter and crossovers please Reply with quote

hi i have just been given a kef tweeter but i dont know what model number it is. its very heavy made of brass with a chrome dome. also been given 2 kef crossovers with the following wrote on them d.n.6. these items were removed from a vintage pair of mordaunt speakers from the 60s and also includes a pair of richard allan woofers with cg12 wrote on them. is there any value in the richard allans?. any info would be great. regards brian.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: info on old kef tweeter and crossovers please Reply with quote

It is possibly a KEF T15, one of the variants had a metalised plastic dome. Do not try to clean or polish, it rubbs off! Does any other information exist on the tweeter?

Try to identify here on this site, but the only non metalised versions have been posted.
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/DriveUnits/T15/T15Index.html

It is not a MS 200/400 or 700, I'd be interested on the actual model number if it still exists.
magpie
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: kef tweeter info Reply with quote

thanks proffski for your reply . yes the link picture does indeed look like the one i have only my dome is chrome like. the only markings on the back of the tweeter is a number 0965. the other tweeter i have from the same speakers is slightly different from the brass one in that it is a siver colour and more rounded on the rear Smile but no markings or numbers. is there a way to upload some pics on the site? it would be a lot easier for you to identify the items. regarding the richard allans ive been told they are a well thought of driver any ideas? regards brian. Smile
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: kef tweeter info Reply with quote

Ok, so it looks like a KEF T15. Anything on the cabinet regarding the model number? The figures on the T15 relate to the manufacturing date, September 1965.

Ok, we have done with KEF please go to this link in order to discus other speakers...

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/public_html/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=bd2b3c2dc4bf5c3b039b48073bda54a2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: